Dances of Universal Peace International
Mission Statement, Goals and Budget
Dances of Universal Peace International was founded in 1982 to make the living legacy of the Dances of Universal Peace and Walking Concentrations available to the world. It is a public-benefit non-profit organization governed by a volunteer Board of Directors, funded largely from Leaders Guild fees, and administered by an Executive Director and other part-time staff.
Our Mission follows, along with brief descriptions of the core operations in each of the three mission areas:
1) To support the work of the Guidance Council,
• Providing administrative and financial resources to support work of the Guidance Council in carrying
out its responsibilities for:
o guiding leaders and mentors by encouraging their spiritual expansion and personal development
o supporting learning opportunities
o setting guidelines for certification and for mentor acknowledgements
o recognizing mentors, and
o upholding standards of conduct and human relationship that are in keeping with the mission of
the Dances of Universal Peace.
2) To provide resources and support for members of the Leaders Guild;
• Maintaining and continuing to enhance a highly functional website in multiple languages containing
key resources to support Dance leaders and mentors who are Leaders Guild members.
• Administering the Leaders Guild and extending services to the community of mentors and leaders in
support of the Dance leader’s journey.
• Linking and informing Leaders Guild members through semi-annual e-newsletter communications,
and sponsoring an e-group as a forum for discussion about matters related to Dance leading.
3) To link the worldwide community of participants in the Dances.
• Maintaining a multi-lingual website providing general information about the Dances of Universal
Peace and links to all regional Dance-related websites and resources world wide.
• Maintaining communication with the leadership of Dance Regions through telephone conferences,
email, and regular e-newsletters.
Key accomplishments in 2015 included:
- Continued implementation of multi-year financial plan developed in 2014.
- Redesigned http://dancesofuniversalpeace.org in a new color format and banner with revised language menus.
- Translated and added a Dutch language version of the website. The website is now on line in English, Spanish, German, Russian and Dutch.
- Added 36 Dance write-ups to the English Dance Library.
- Provided fee support to 61 leaders who had financial hardship in paying their Leaders Guild fees.
- Produced, translated and distributed the revised Mentoring guidelines, two e-newsletters and one new Elements of Mastery article in English, Spanish, German, Russian and Dutch. All items were also published to the DUP International Facebook page.
- Completed editing and reformatting of the Spanish language Foundation Dances and Walks Manual and published it to the Spanish language library.
- Held three telecom meetings of the DUP International Board of Directors, four meetings of the communications committee and five meetings of the administrative committee.
- Partially funded and held one in-body meeting of the Guidance Council in conjunction with the Jamiat Khas gathering.
- Reprogramed the fee payment page to allow contributions to be made at the time Leaders Guild fees are paid.
- Added a form for name of leader and mentor to the fee payment page.
- Established a Dances of Universal Peace International Facebook Group and began building membership.
- Added a column to display the category level of mentees in the report which mentors access within the My Info section of the IN website.
Goals and Activities for 2016
In addition to our core activities above, the DUP International Board of Directors adopted the following goals for 2016:
1. Continue to implement the organization development plan put forward in 2014
2. Add one new member to the DUP International Board of Directors
3. Complete succession plan for Executive Director, including orientation and support for the new person.
4. Implement the Leaders Guild Fee increase to $36 that begins in 2016; this includes special billing to those with recurring fee payments to have them cancel existing payment of $30 and create a new payment of $36
5. Continue to build leader resources on the website in all supported languages. This could include adding Dance write ups to the German and Dutch websites, completing the German Foundation Dances and Walks manual
Dances of Universal Peace International
Sources of Funds
LG Fees - Regions
LG Fees - World Wide Region
Total Revenue - Current Year
Revenue Prior Yr Fee Support
Revenue Prior Yr Programs
Total Sources of Funds
Uses of Funds
Guidance Council Chair
Total Contract & Employee wages
IN Website Construction
Office Supplies and fees
Total Office Expenses
Total Uses of Funds
Net Ordinary Income