Dances of Universal Peace International
Mission Statement, Goals and Budget
Dances of Universal Peace International was founded in 1988 to make the living legacy of the Dances of Universal Peace and Walking Concentrations available to the world. It is a public-benefit non-profit organization governed by a volunteer Board of Directors, funded largely from Leaders Guild fees, and administered by an Executive Director and other part-time staff.
Our Mission is threefold: 1) To support the work of the Guidance Council; 2) To provide resources and support for members of the Leaders Guild; and 3) To link the worldwide community of participants in the Dances.
Our core operations revolve around the following foundational elements:
Maintaining and continuing to enhance a highly functional website containing key resources to support Dance leaders and mentors who are Leaders Guild members as well as providing general information about the Dances of Universal Peace and links to all regional Dance-related websites and resources world wide.
Administering the Leaders Guild and extending services to the community of mentors and leaders in support of the Dance Leader’s journey.
Linking and informing Leaders Guild members through quarterly e-newsletter communications, and sponsoring an e-group as a forum for discussion about matters related to Dance leading.
Maintaining communication with the leadership of Dance Regions through telephone conferences, email, and regular e-newsletters.
Providing administrative and financial resources to support work of the Guidance Council in carrying out its responsibilities for:
guiding leaders and mentors by encouraging their spiritual expansion and personal development
supporting learning opportunities
determining requirements for level acknowledgement, and
upholding standards of conduct and human relationship that are in keeping with the mission of the Dances of Universal Peace.
Key accomplishments in 2012 included:
- Translation of our website, log-in portal and enhanced content area into Spanish, Russian and German, enabling Dance Leaders to access key resources in their own languages. The DUP International website is now fully available in English, Spanish, German and Russian.
- Translation of key communications and resources for Leaders Guild members into Spanish, German, Russian and Portuguese.
- Creation of a Dance Leader Training calendar page where events worldwide may be posted.
- Addition of over 100 write-ups (most with audio clips) to the Dance Resource Library.
- Completion of a special project to track down all Dance leaders with whom we have lost communication and re-enroll them as fee-paying members of the Leaders Guild.
- Creation of a Fee Support Fund to help in cases where Dance Leaders are unable to pay the annual Leaders Guild fee because of local economic conditions in certain countries or cases of personal financial hardship. In 2012 more than 80 leaders received support from this fund.
Goals and Activities for 2013
Supporting the work of the Guidance Council:
1. Reflect on what has been accomplished in the three-year reorganization process following the Unity Council report in 2009 and, with input from the Mentors Guild, Leaders Guild, Region leadership, key advisers and friends, ask ourselves where the Guidance Council and Board of Directors could best direct their energies in the next three to five years (see Visioning Document September 2012).
2. Engaging the Mentors Guild in ongoing communication about ways and means of cultivating excellence and spiritual depth in leading the Dances of Universal Peace and Walking Concentrations.
a) Continue to encourage gatherings of mentors at regional camps and retreats to communicate information about DUP International and to gather feedback.
b) In 2013 utilize the In-the-Garden and MTG Mail Yahoo groups to engage mentors and leaders on topics and issues of importance.
c) Continue to make available for sale ongoing the recordings on CDs that remain in inventory.
Providing resources and support for members of the Leaders Guild:
3. Build cohesion and awareness of common purpose among Leaders Guild members worldwide.
a) Create quarterly newsletters for Leaders Guild members in English, Spanish, German, and Russian languages.
b) Encourage the use of the In-The-Garden Yahoo group as a Leaders Guild forum for discussions in English.
c) Continue to maintain DUP International’s Facebook page and explore the potential of social networking sites in supporting the Leaders Guild.
d) Begin a process to evaluate Leaders Guild communications in terms of content, rhythm and effectiveness.
4. Encourage all active leaders of the Dances of Universal Peace to be members of the Leaders Guild.
a) Continue to send reminder notices for fees renewal as needed to World Wide Region members.
b) Compile and report Leaders Guild membership summary information at year beginning and year end.
Linking the worldwide community of participants in the Dances of Universal Peace
5. Maintain and continue to develop a nexus, referral website that provides general information about the Dances of Universal Peace and Walking Concentrations and links to all regional websites and other resources world wide.
a) Work with German, Russian and Spanish speaking networks to translate key leader resource materials into those languages in a systematic and timely manner.
b) Complete a major German language component to the website, including searchable resource library.
c) Add German language dance-write ups and audio files to Resource Library
d) Refine Library search capability to allow display of only those dances written up in a specific language.
d) Explore feasibility of expanded website version and log-in in Portuguese language.
6. Facilitate close communication and cooperation with the leadership of the DUP Regions and the Sufi Ruhaniat International.
a) Create annual newsletter communication to region leadership and seek feedback through telecons and similar means.
b) Continue to utilize our German network advisers.
c) Solicit new photos for the region photo gallery pages.
d) Solicit authors for the “International Voices” column in the DUP International newsletter.
e) As feasible, gather the “International Voices” articles into a combined webpage in tabloid format.
f) Continue exploration with the leadership of DUP North America areas of cooperation and communication.
g) Revise and update the Dances of Universal Peace article in the Sufi Ruhaniat International “Companion” manual.
h) Continue to build the on-line library/resource center of published Dances and Walks in various media, as well as articles, esoteric papers, and other materials with emphasis on Spanish, German and Russian language resource areas.
Administering and developing the organization
7. Organize the work of the Board of Directors and engage the leadership of Board members and other Leaders Guild volunteers.
a) Determine the need for additional Board members and the particular skills and abilities required and plan for member changes at the April, 2013 annual meeting.
b) Expand the network of advisors as appropriate.
c) Identify and involve volunteers in specific projects.
d) Work with the Executive Director in continuing to develop and refine protocols to ensure effective operation and coordination of efforts.
8. Develop a comprehensive funding strategy.
a) Continue to implement a program of contributing support to underwrite the LG fees of leaders with financial hardship.
b) Develop a 3-year financial plan for DUP International that identifies funding needs and appropriate revenue sources, both for ongoing and project-related needs, and projects a budget approach to ensure financial stability for the long term. This plan will include an evaluation of the amount of the Leaders Guild fee and whether it needs to be increased in the coming years.
c) Research and develop a strategy to solicit financial support in the form of donations or grants for specific project initiatives.
9. Continue to improve the quality of information systems and work toward improved website functionality.
a) Evaluate information management and functionality needs and determine whether an overhaul of the data base is warranted and feasible.
b) Gather and evaluate responses to our 2012 Vision Document and continue to plan the scope and specific plans for DUP International in the next 3 to 5 years.
c) As future plans become evident, share them with the Guidance Council our key advisors with invitations for input.
Dances of Universal Peace International
Budget of Sources and Uses of Funds
Jan - Dec 2013 Sources of Funds Income Investments 500.00 Revenue - Current Year 34,280.00 Revenue - Restricted Funds 13,500.00 Total Income 48,280.00 Cost of Goods Sold Cost of Goods Sold 204.00 Total COGS 204.00 Net Sources of Funds 48,076.00 Expense Accounting 925.00 Contract Labor 9,875.00 Employee wages 26,000.00 IN Website Construction 1,600.00 Office Expenses 6,075.00 Project Budgets 2,500.00 Royalty Expense 101.00 z-Contingency Fund 1,000.00 Total Expense 48,076.00 Net Sources/Uses of Funds 0.00